Many factors play into making a quality, stylish adjustable bed base, everything from assembly to movement to accessories. For every basic model there is a luxury competitor—and everything in between. You may question whether adjustable bases are worth it. Here are a couple of highlights of the best adjustable beds:
- Assembly: As we compare adjustable beds, some adjustable beds have to be delivered by crews and set up with precision while some can be delivered and built by yourself or with minimal help. One feature that makes adjustable beds easier to assemble is a folding hinge in the base that allows for more compact shipping: instead of shipping an entire bed frame, they can ship a smaller container, which can be more easily handled. These are the easiest adjustable bed bases to put into your home.
- Inclines: Raising the head and legs—essentially bending at the waist—aren’t the only things that adjustable beds can do these days. Rather, they can prop your head for better reading, TV viewing, or talking. They can move back toward the wall so that you can always be in reach of your end table to grab your book or adjust your light. And they can provide lumbar support to help you as you recline without hurting your back.
- Accessories: Adjustable beds have reached the Information Age, and are firmly ensconced in the Internet of Things (IoT), which means that your bed can be connected wirelessly to your phone, with presets and easy adjustments. They really come with all the bells and whistles.
Further, beds are equipped with USB ports so you can plug in your devices, charge your iPad, and read on your Kindle, all without having to crawl down to the floorboards behind your end table to access an outlet. There are even bed lights built into the top adjustable beds, both at reading height and under the bed so that there’s a glow on the floor showing you where to walk in the dark.
- Massage: What would a modern adjustable bed be without all the creature comforts? Many beds now offer isolated and full-body massage features. These can be modified based on your phone presets or remote control, and they can turn a regular bed into a dream.
- Features for Price: When shopping for an adjustable base, it is always best to compare the quality you are getting to the price you’re being charged. A lower price might mean a good deal—or it may mean you’re missing out on some of the features you want. Knowing what’s important to you is an essential element of deciding which base to buy. Adjustable beds aren’t cheap, but they can be budget-friendly if you know what you’re looking for.
- Mattresses: While you can put almost any kind of mattress on a regular bed, there are some mattresses that simply don’t work on an adjustable bed base. But that’s for a reason. An innerspring mattress won’t work on an adjustable bed base because the bed moves more than an innerspring mattress will allow.
The best mattresses for adjustable beds are foam mattresses, with the very best being CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam mattresses. They make a comfortable bed even more comfortable.
- Health: An adjustable bed can help with a myriad of health conditions. Adjustable beds are a perfect natural fix for sleep apnea, making the bed anti-snore (which is good for you and your partner). They can also do wonders for acid reflux, bone and muscle pain, sleeplessness, better blood flow to the head and feet, and neck strain. Find your favorite position, lock it into place with the simple automatic controls, and you’ll always have a perfect place to sleep.
With all of the many advances in adjustable bed bases, you owe it to yourself to check out our top-of-the-line models and see what kind of sleep and comfort you could be having.
Our Mattresses are certified Flexible polyurethane foam. Meaning that our Mattresses have been tested to meet the rigorous standards for emissons, content, performance, and durability. Specifically, the foam is: Made without ozone deleters. Made without PBGDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up and never miss a Sale!
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions