Memory Foam Mattress Life Expectancy
A typical memory foam mattress lasts about as long as regular spring or hybrid mattresses, approximately eight to ten years, depending on how well they’re cared for. But every mattress is different, and it will depend a lot on use and abuse (and the quality of the memory foam mattress).
The Best Memory Foam Mattresses Last Longer Than the Rest
While yes, we did say that a typical memory foam mattress will last about as long as a typical traditional mattress, that doesn’t mean that a Dynasty Mattress memory foam mattress will last the same amount of time as a regular mattress. Our CoolBreeze PLUSH GEL Memory Foam Mattresses are made to last considerably longer. Well, we talk about it more below, but our mattresses come with a 30-year limited warranty.
So how long does a memory foam mattress last? Well, a well-maintained memory foam mattress from Dynasty Mattress can last far longer than the life of a regular mattress. It can last as long as 30 years, if the conditions are right.
You do not need to register your Dynasty Mattress Memory Foam Mattress for the limited warranty to be in effect for thirty years, but you do need to keep proof of purchase of the Dynasty Mattress.
Memory Foam Mattress Issues - Know When to Replace Your Mattress
Things to watch for that may be signs you need to replace your memory foam mattress include:
- You are waking up noticeably achy and irritated
- You’re more comfortable when you’re sleeping in a hotel or at a friend’s house (or even on your couch!)
- You notice that your memory foam mattress is developing permanent depressions, sags, and indentations. It doesn’t spring back the way it used to
Body mass index and weight also affect the lifespan of a memory foam mattress, as more compression occurs more often, and the memory foam begins to lose its elasticity. An overused memory foam mattress may lose firmness, give less pressure relief, decrease your overall comfort, and decrease your ability to have proper spinal alignment.
What Is Memory Foam?
Memory foam mattresses are derived from a technology developed by NASA to absorb shock in airplane seats in the 1960s. Memory foam is a material that is made up of tiny cushioning chambers, each infused with millions of gel beads designed to better cushion and support pressure points and aid in temperature regulation.
It wasn’t until the 1990s that memory foam was first introduced into the mattress world, and since then memory foam has become the pinnacle of mattress achievement, exploding into the market.
What Is Memory Foam Made Of?
The main substance of memory foam is a polymer (a large collection of molecules all fitting together) called polyurethane. Polyurethane is probably a name that you know well, even if you don’t know exactly what it means, because polyurethane is used to create everything from memory foam furniture, like memory foam couches and memory foam mattresses, to insulation, carpet padding, paint, elastic fibers, and even shoes, inflatable boats, and tennis racket grips. Yes, the polyurethane that is used to create memory foam mattresses can serve many functions. It’s one of the great inventions of the 20th century.
Benefits of Memory Foam Mattresses
Sleeping on a memory foam mattress ought to be enough to convince you that it’s the best choice in mattress available—especially a Dynasty Mattress Cool Breeze PLUSH GEL Memory Foam Mattress—but here are three specific reasons to sleep on a memory foam mattress:
- Conforms to your body: What memory foam is best known for is that it contours to the shape of your body, thereby reducing pressure points and fitting you snugly. We often compare a memory foam mattress to one of those camera cases, where each individual lens and flash has a spot in the foam case that is perfectly sized to fit it, so no piece will ever move around and get jarred, bumped or scratched. A memory foam mattress is like this, but for your body. When you lie down in a memory foam mattress, it fits around your body and you are tucked in tight.
- Gives you the “sink”: Sleeping on a memory foam mattress is different from sleeping on a regular spring mattress. Those are designed to stay relatively flat across the top, no matter how much the manufacturer talks about the flexibility of the springs. With a memory foam mattress, you sink down into it, snuggled into the mattress.
- Adapts to pressure: Because of the way the memory foam conforms to your body, and the way that you sink into it, it supports your body all over, not just at the pressure points of your hips, your elbow and your shoulder. Every part of your body is supported in the memory foam, so every part of your body is comfortable and you’ll never wake up feeling sore at your pressure points again.
How Do You Care for Your Memory Foam Mattress?
A liquid-resistant mattress protector will go a long way to keep your memory foam mattress clean and free from stains, which may impact the warranty. Some mattress protectors can decrease the ability of the memory foam to wick away heat and moisture, leaving you hot and sweaty, so it’s important to find the right one for you.
Should You Flip a Memory Foam Mattress?
You may be used to flipping your traditional mattress every three to six months to make sure that it gets the proper wear and tear to both sides, but this doesn’t need to be done with a memory foam mattress. In fact, it would negate the restorative power of a memory foam mattress (especially a Cool Breeze PLUSH GEL Memory Foam Mattress).
The reason for this is because memory foam mattresses are built up in layers, and the bottom layer of a memory foam mattress isn’t memory foam at all. It’s a supportive underlayment. Layers of memory foam, in different thicknesses, are applied on top of the underlayment. And, in the case of a Dynasty Mattress, a gel layer is applied to maintain temperature and make sure that you don’t get overheated while sleeping on your memory foam mattress.
Consequently, flipping a memory foam mattress is not recommended at all. It would lose all of the benefit of being memory foam.
Get the Best Memory Foam Mattress With Maximum Longevity
Our Certi-Pur Certified mattresses have an astounding 30-year limited warranty, so you can sleep well knowing that we’ve got you covered. Made with a machine washable cover, the high density gel memory foam layer offers cool airflow and super soft foam support.
Our Mattresses are certified Flexible polyurethane foam. Meaning that our Mattresses have been tested to meet the rigorous standards for emissons, content, performance, and durability. Specifically, the foam is: Made without ozone deleters. Made without PBGDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants!
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Sign up and never miss a Sale!
Frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions