What Type of Mattress is Best for Stomach Sleepers?
Stomach sleepers often have a difficult time finding the right mattress. And that's not surprising, considering that stomach sleeping is one of the most pressure sensitive ways to rest. What’s more is that many mattress manufacturers focus on making mattresses for those who sleep on their back or side, as these are more typical sleeping positions. Fortunately, there are a few mattresses that stand out among the rest as top choices for stomach sleepers. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore what types of mattresses are best for stomach sleepers and how to select the best one for your needs. We’ll also share several mattresses that are fantastic for stomach sleepers.
What Do Stomach Sleepers Need in a Mattress?
In order to choose the right mattress for a stomach sleeper, you need to know the qualities that these sleepers should look for. And that's what we'll go over in this section.
A good mattress for a stomach sleeper offers:
- Firmness: Stomach sleepers need a mattress that is firm enough to keep their spine in proper alignment, but not so firm that it negatively affects the body's pressure points. Medium-firm to firm mattresses are typically best for stomach sleepers. So, if you've got your eye on a super soft mattress, you may want to consider a firmer option.
- Pressure Relief: Stomach sleepers need a mattress that is supportive, but still offers significant pressure relief. This helps reduce the possibility of developing aches and pains throughout the night. Look for mattresses with layers of memory foam or other materials designed to contour to the body and relieve pressure points.
- Flexibility: Even though you tend to sleep on your stomach, there may be times when you move around and end up on your side or back. That’s why you need a mattress that can adapt to other sleeping positions.
- Temperature Regulation: Stomach sleepers rest with more of their body on their mattress than side sleepers do. As such, they need a mattress that helps regulate the temperature of their bed. Look for mattresses with cooling technologies or breathable materials to keep you comfortable throughout the night.
What Types of Mattresses are Best for Stomach Sleepers?
Now that you know what qualities to look for, it's time to reveal the overall best mattress type for stomach sleepers. Spoiler alert: it’s gel memory foam. Gel memory foam offers just the right combination of firmness, pressure relief, flexibility and temperature regulation. It's literally everything a stomach sleeper needs.
For anyone who doesn't know what a gel memory foam mattress is, here's the rundown. Memory foam mattresses are made of plastic that's been processed to take on special properties. lt conforms to the shape of your body, providing support and pressure relief. When you lie down on one, it cradles you, providing an extremely high level of comfort. Gel memory foam mattresses have gel infused into the memory foam to regulate the temperature of the mattress, keeping it cool throughout the night.
The Best Stomach Sleeper Mattresses
With all of that understood, it's time to get into our top mattress picks for stomach sleepers. Either of the below gel memory foam mattresses will give you everything you need in a mattress and much more!
The CoolBreeze 12-Inch is our top choice for stomach sleepers in general. The mattress has 4 layers. Here’s how each of them is constructed from top to bottom:
- Top Layer: Gel Memory Foam (1.5 inches) - This layer hugs your body in all the right places and keeps you cool all night. The memory foam is ultra comfy and the gel keeps you from overheating.
- Layer 2: High-density Memory Foam (1.5 inches) - This layer consists of high density foam, which provides support and gentle firmness for restful sleep.
- Layer 3: Latex Foam (2 inches) - The latex layer further adds to the longevity of the mattress and helps with consistency in the design.
- Bottom Layer: Foam Base Layer (7 inches) - This layer is essentially the foundation of the mattress. It’s made of super strong foam that’ll keep its shape for years on end.
All of these layers come together to form a mattress that hits the sweet spot for stomach sleepers. It features cooling technology for max comfort night after night. In addition to its expert level construction, it comes with a luxurious silky mattress cover that you can toss in the washing machine as needed.
Here are a few more things you should know about this mattress:
- It’s free of harmful chemicals
- It’s CertiPur Certified
- It’s affordably priced
- It comes with a 30 year limited warranty
- It’s available in a wide variety of sizes
- It’s available in medium firm, firm, and extra firm.
Note: To get the most comfortable sleep you’ve ever had on your stomach, choose this mattress in the medium firm option (it’s not too firm, and not too soft).
For average sized to heavier stomach sleepers (more than 150 lbs), the LaComfort 14-Inch Gel Memory Foam mattress just might be your lifesaver. We love this mattress for stomach Sleepers for several reasons.
- Smart Construction: As a stomach sleeper, you need targeted support and comfort, and the first two layers of this mattress help to give you just that. The first one is 2 inches thick and is composed of our memory foam with a super cool layer of gel. Right under that is a 2 inch layer of gel memory foam with 4 full pounds of gel - twice the amount that competitors typically use. When combined, they create an unbelievably comfortable mattress for stomach sleepers.
- Durability. The two lower layers of the mattress are made of base foam (treated to enhance air flow) and construction base foam to ensure that your mattress lasts and lasts.
- Cool, Washable Cover. Like the mattress above, this mattress comes with a super comfy and cool washable silk/polyester cover
In addition to that, you get free shipping and a 30 year limited warranty on this mattress.
When you get home and lie down on your LaComfort Mattress, You'll quickly realize that you made an amazing decision.
We recommend this mattress in “Firm” for the best possible rest.
It’s never easy to sort through a ton of options when it comes to mattresses geared toward stomach sleepers. And that’s why we’ve simplified your choices, sharing only a couple of the absolute best mattresses for stomach sleepers. We hope that one of these mattresses is exactly what you’re looking for, and we wish you countless nights of fantastic rest on your new mattress!
¡Certificado por CertiPur-US!
Nuestros Colchones son de espuma de poliuretano Flexible certificada. Lo que significa que nuestros colchones han sido probados para cumplir con los rigurosos estándares de emisiones, contenido, rendimiento y durabilidad. Específicamente, la espuma es: Fabricada sin eliminadores de ozono. ¡Hecho sin retardantes de llama PBGDE, TDCPP o TCEP!
Suscríbete a nuestro boletín
¡Regístrate y no te pierdas ninguna oferta!