If you suffer from chronic back pain, we're sure you'll do almost anything to get rid of it. One of the best ways to remedy back pain and prevent your condition from worsening is to switch out your mattress. And that's where we can help. In this article, we'll take a look at what mattress is good for back pain and some of the things you should keep in mind when shopping for a new mattress.
Why Some Mattresses Make Back Pain Worse
When you lie down in bed at night, it's supposed to be a time of relaxation and rejuvenation. But without the right mattress, your back pain will prevent you from getting the rest you need.
So, if you're waking up with a sore back every morning, it's time to take a close look at your mattress. It might seem like an innocuous piece of furniture, but your mattress plays a huge role in your quality of sleep - and your overall health.
A bad mattress will not only make your existing back pain worse, but it can also lead to new problems. That's because a poor sleeping surface doesn't provide the support your spine needs to stay in alignment. Over time, this can lead to new aches and pains, and it can also make your existing pain worse.
Features of a Great Mattress for Back Pain
As you may have gathered, not every mattress will work for lower back pain. There are, however, some specific features that make a mattress more likely to provide relief for back pain. When searching for a mattress for lower back pain or any other back ailment, this is what you should look for:
- Spinal alignment: A mattress that supports the natural alignment of your spine is crucial for back pain relief. When you opt for a non-supportive mattress, and your spine remains unaligned, certain areas along your spine may become strained. This can result in various symptoms, including back pain and stiffness.
- Pressure relief: If you spend all night tossing and turning, it's likely because your mattress isn't providing enough pressure relief. When you sleep, you want a mattress that conforms to your body and takes the pressure off of your joints.
- Motion isolation: This is an important feature for couples who share a bed. If one person moves around during the night, a mattress with good motion isolation will minimize the amount of movement the other person feels. This is important because it can prevent you from being jolted awake by your partner's movements and prevent you from disturbing their sleep. And if you already have severe back pain, midnight jolts can make your pain worse - you can prevent these issues with a mattress that boasts motion isolation.
- Durability: Mattresses don't come cheap, so you want one that's going to last. A durable mattress will maintain its shape and support over time, providing you with long-lasting comfort and relief. Some mattresses feel amazing at first and lose their structure over time; you'll want to avoid mattresses like these.
- Firmness: If you choose a mattress that’s too soft, you’ll sink into it, which can worsen back pain. Conversely, a mattress that is too firm could put strain on your pressure points. It can also cause spinal misalignment. The perfect mattress for back pain relief is somewhere in the middle, offering both support and pressure relief - medium-firm mattresses are the golden standard in firmness for people with back pain. Though, firm and extra firm mattresses may also offer substantial relief.
- Temperature control: It may seem unrelated, but the temperature of your mattress can affect the condition of your back. Many people find that their back pain is worse when they sleep on a mattress that is too warm. Look for a mattress with temperature control features, such as cooling gel, to help keep you comfortable and your back pain at bay.
Types of Mattresses for Back Pain
Now that you know what to look for in a mattress for back pain, it's time to learn about the types of mattresses that are available to you. Here are four of the most popular types of mattresses for people with back pain:
- Memory foam: This type of mattress is incredibly popular for those with back pain because it contours to your body and provides both support and pressure relief. They also limit motion transfer so that once you get comfortable, you won't be unpleasantly reminded of your back pain when your partner gets back in the bed. What's more is that memory foam mattresses come in various configurations that can be tailored to various body types, temperature preferences, and back issues. And to further promote healing, they are perfect for side-sleepers, which aids in spine alignment. Gel memory foam mattresses outperform every other mattress when it comes to alleviating back pain and keeping it from worsening.
- Latex: Like memory foam, latex mattresses conform to your body and provide support and pressure relief. Latex mattresses are usually more bouncy and have a more springy feel, which may or may not mesh well with your sleeping style and back issue. Another main pro of latex mattresses is that they promote free airflow.
- Innerspring: This type of mattress has metal coils that provide support to problematic backs. However, innerspring mattresses just don’t conform to the body like other mattress types - namely memory foam. Innerspring mattresses are usually more affordable than memory foam or latex mattresses. Some people find back pain relief with a new innerspring mattress, but there are better options available.
- Airbed: This type of mattress is adjustable so that you can inflate or deflate the mattress to your desired level of firmness. Some airbeds come with coils for support, and these are most likely to help with back pain. But those that don't have support built in can actually make back pain worse.
Why Memory Foam Mattresses are Best for Back Pain
Though all of the mattress types above can provide some level of back pain relief, memory foam mattresses are the clear winner. Memory foam mattresses offer the best combination of support and pressure relief for a better-aligned spine and a more comfortable sleeping experience overall.
The Best Mattress for Back Pain - CoolBreeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
If you're looking for the best mattress for back pain, the CoolBreeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is the perfect choice. Let's get into some of the reasons why this is the ideal mattress for lower back pain and any other chronic back pain.
4 Layers of Greatness
This mattress is made with four layers of goodness. Here are the layers and a quick explanation of each:
- First Layer - 1 1/2 inches of gel-infused memory foam: This is the layer that provides the pressure relief and contouring that memory foam mattresses are known for. The gel infusion helps to keep you cool throughout the night, reducing your chances of temperature-related back issues.
- Second layer - 1 1/2 inches of high-density memory foam: This layer reinforces the pressure relief and contouring of the top layer. It’ll also minimize motion transfer and promote appropriate spinal alignment as you rest.
- Third layer - 2 inches of latex: This layer helps to increase the longevity of the mattress, giving you decades of use.
- Fourth layer - 7-inch heavy-duty foam base: This foam base further extends the life of the mattress.
The CoolBreeze mattress also comes with a luxurious cool silk cover to ensure an optimal sleeping temperature. Typical mattress covers may trap heat, but you won't experience that with this cover.
Medium Firm, Firm, and Extra Firm Options
You can choose from medium firm, firm, or extra firm options to get the level of support that you need. If you're not sure which one to choose, medium-firm is usually a good place to start. You can always firm things up with a mattress topper later if you find that you need more support.
Works for All Sleeper Types
How do you usually sleep? On your side, stomach, or back? With our CoolBreeze 12-Inch memory foam mattress, it doesn't matter! It is compatible with general sleepers, back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers. Regardless of your sleep style, you're sure to have sweet dreams and wake up feeling refreshed on this mattress.
This mattress comes with a 30-year warranty, much higher than most comparable mattresses. This is a testament to how confident we are in the mattress's design and benefits for those with back pain.
Loads of Size Options
To ensure that everyone can take advantage of this innovative mattress, we've made it available in lots of sizes. Choose from the following:
- Full XL
- Twin XL
- Split King
- Split Cal-King
- Split Head King
- RV King
- RV Short King
Award Winning Design
The Sleep Foundation chose Dynasty Mattress's CoolBreeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress as one of its top mattress picks in 2021. Considering the strict quality standards and criteria the Sleep Foundation uses to select their top picks, this is an amazing feat.
Get the Best Mattress for Back Pain Today
Now, you no longer have to wonder, "what mattress is good for back pain?" The Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is your best bet whether you have chronic back pain, sporadic back discomfort, or just want to cradle your back in support and comfort every night.
Not only does it have three layers of supportive high-quality foam and a single layer of latex, but you can also choose from three different levels of firmness to get the perfect amount of support to make your back feel better over time. And if you tend to overheat at night, the gel infusion in the first layer of memory foam will make for more comfortable rest.
There are many mattress manufacturers on the market that claim to alleviate back pain, but the Cool Breeze 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is without a doubt the best. With its award-winning design, luxurious cover, and 30-year warranty, you just can't go wrong!
¡Certificado por CertiPur-US!
Nuestros Colchones son de espuma de poliuretano Flexible certificada. Lo que significa que nuestros colchones han sido probados para cumplir con los rigurosos estándares de emisiones, contenido, rendimiento y durabilidad. Específicamente, la espuma es: Fabricada sin eliminadores de ozono. ¡Hecho sin retardantes de llama PBGDE, TDCPP o TCEP!
Suscríbete a nuestro boletín
¡Regístrate y no te pierdas ninguna oferta!